Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Afternoon Delight - Moth Style

I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon trying to make the Progressive Era interesting. During a particularly frustrating moment, I glanced out the window in my home office, hoping for inspiration. Here's what I saw:

As this pictures suggests, it took a few moments for my eyes to adjust after staring at a computer screen for way too long. So, I moved in for a closer look, with my camera. Here's the image, in sharper focus:


As best I can tell, these are two moths sharing a moment of intimacy. Or, it was an intimate moment until that intrusive human glanced their direction, then grabbed her camera and shoved it into their little moth faces. As I snapped several pictures, I believe that I heard them say, "Hey! Do you mind?!"


Everybody all together now, "Sky rockets in flight..."

No comments: