Saturday, October 3, 2009

Adventures in Moving, Part I

It's done. I signed the papers on Wednesday and it's done. I'm a homeowner. It's a bit surreal since I'm still living in my apartment. In the great real estate fruit basket turnover, I'm waiting until the current (past?) homeowners are able to move into their next house. So, I'm a landlord. Very surreal. I'm anxious to move in, so I have to keep reminding myself that it works better for me to wait since I have a lighter teaching week in mid-October. I'll move in on October 22. I've booked the movers, I've arranged to get utilities transfered, and I'm packing boxes. Forward progress is being made.
The packing chaos reached into my home office today. Remember when it looked like this in May?

Here it is today:

Yes, all those boxes are full of books. My and my damn book compulsion. Why couldn't I collect something lighter, like feathers or bubble wrap? I trust that I'll turn a corner at some point and my work will look less like a chaotic mess and look more like a highly organized model of efficient moving. This view looks a little better - at least there's some evidence of change over time:

The bedroom is the only room that remains unscathed. It's next.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A couple of minor chaos we can see, however things can be improved in a short time. friv juegos