Thursday, March 13, 2008

Channeling Ethel Merman

As I approach the end of this part of my long academic nightmare, I take a moment to reflect on my experience. I borrow from the immortal words of Ethel Merman:

There's No Business Like Academic Business
(sung to the tune of "There's No Business Like Show Business")

There's no business like academic business,
Like no business I know.
Everything about it is degrading
Everything the assholes will allow.
Nowhere could you have that stressed out feeling,
While you are treated like a cow (moooo)

There's no people like academic people,
They squash you when you are low.
Yesterday they told you you would not go far,
And damned if they weren't right, because here you are
The next day they got really mean and keyed your car

Let's go on with the show....

Nope, I'm not bitter.

2 comments:

jordi said...

avoiding our dissertation again are we?

mplasticus said...

I really think we should all dedicate our dissertations to Ethel Merman, the Patron Saint of Dissertations.

And not explain it to anyone.