Friday, February 20, 2009

Strange Sights

As I've made my way in the world recently, I've seen some strange things that I think deserve special recognition. Here they are, in no particular order:
  • Didn't Just Marry a Mechanic: Picture a car decorated for a wedding, with all the usual accoutrements (shaving cream on the windows exclaiming, "Just Married," streamers hanging from the antenna and bumpers, etc.) Picture the same car broken down on the shoulder in suburban Atlanta. I'm guessing this was not their honeymoon destination. I surmised this when I observed that the car was not "a-rockin'" - though I did not go "a-knockin'" to confirm my suspicion.
  • Mr. Hand Delivers Pizza: Followed a car adorned with a license tag announcing that the driver was an Educator. Glanced at the roof of the car and spotted a Papa Johns roof sign. Cuts out Spicoli's middle man.
  • Second Coming, First Class: Picture if you will, a 2-foot-tall plastic kneeling Jesus, like you'd see in a church yard display. Now, picture that same kneeling Jesus impaled on someone's mailbox post. I'm thinking that won't make the mail run faster.
  • Speaking of Jesus...: Saw a young man with long brown hair and full facial hair driving a BMW at the grocery store today. The miracle business must be pretty good in these bad economic times. I noted that he was not able to part the late afternoon traffic.
  • License Plate Soul Mate: Followed a fellow driving an SUV today. His license plate read: AGH! I'm pretty sure he's my soul mate.

More as circumstances require.

No comments: