Monday, August 27, 2007

Timely horoscope

In an apparent response to my last post, my daily horoscope reads as follows:

In your involvements with others, be sure to keep an open mind when they're trying to make a point. You may have failed to comprehend something in your assessment.

This is certainly an intriguing theory - that somehow I failed to comprehend my crazy landlord's narrow-minded bigotry because of my own narrow-mindedness. To correct this problem, I've jimmied my brain open as far as it will go, allowing in expansive ideas from the known universe, and...nope, I'm still not willing to accept that all (and only) Chinese people are nice all the time. Perhaps the problem isn't so much my narrow-mindedness, but my liberal sense of social justice and fairness. Maybe tomorrow's horoscope will address this obvious character flaw.

In the meantime, I'm going to close my brain again. I'm beginning to believe that the Braves will win the World Series. I think I've ventured into pure fantasy. And still, all Chinese people are not all nice all the time.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Maybe it is predicting your involvement with people in the future, not the past. lol