Monday, September 24, 2007

Bananas

"We should all aspire to live like bananas. They are on permanent vacation, living in lush, tropical rainforests. From high above, a canopy of trees provides the perfect balance of sun and shade."

This bit of wisdom is printed on the back of my Post Selects Banana Nut Crunch cereal box. I read it this morning after I'd consumed half of my required daily intake of coffee. I've decided that I want to get a job at Post, because apparently, they have a very lax drug use policy.

If anyone asks what I'm doing today, I'm going to respond, "I'm aspiring to live like a banana on permanent vacation." It sounds so much better than, "Working on my dissertation."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Well, apparently you are on drugs already, since you have breakfast food in your house. You don't eat breakfast, remember?