Saturday, December 29, 2007

Too Much Lost

I've been watching Season 3 of Lost on DVD. If you haven't started watching Lost, don't start. It is evil. If you watch Lost, you know what I'm talking about.

In the past week, I've watched over half of Season 3. I average about 3 episodes/day. I should say that I limit myself to 3 episodes/day. Increasing the daily intake sounds like a good idea, but like alcohol or chocolate, too much Lost comes back to bite you in the ass. Best if you don't ask how I know this.

I fear that my daily quota may be too high. Today, I cut through a residential neighborhood on my way to the gym. Not once but twice, I slowed down so I wouldn't hit a squirrel that darted into my path. "That's kind of strange," I thought, "Wonder why the squirrels are so squirelly today."

On my way home from the gym, I approached a guy pushing a jog stroller. As he got closer, I realized that he was pushing 2 dogs in the stroller. At first, it didn't even register. It took a full 30 seconds before I put all the pieces together and realized that he was taking his chihuahuas out for a ride in what looked like an expensive stroller, and seemed completely unphased by the ridiculousness of his circumstances. I bet if I'd stopped and asked him what he was doing, he'd say, "I'm taking my dogs for a walk. Why do you ask?"

Then, as I rounded the last curve in the neighborhood, I passed a squished squirrel in the middle of the road. After all the other strange anomolies, I decided that the big shadow monster must have killed the squirrel. Right after it slammed Mr. Eko into a tree and before it went after Kate and the eerily calm blond woman. I'm half expecting to see a polar bear on my next trip to the gym. Yep, too much Lost.

1 comment:

Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

Just browsing the internet. You have a very, very interesting blog. great blog.