Saturday, October 4, 2008

Back in Business

Greetings from my new home computer! I'd include a picture, but I'm still working out the interface between my computer and my camera. I trust they'll be good friends before long. Although the camera and computer are still negotiating the terms of their relationship, I successfully managed to load MS Office, iTunes, printer drivers, and virus protection yesterday. For most people on the planet, these are relatively easy procedures. With my extensive history of killing computers softly with software, I'm always amazed when things go smoothly.

So far so good with the new stalwart companion. I'm adjusting to Vista and stiffer keys. The base is also "thicker" than my old computer so I'm pretty sure I'm at grave risk for a crippling case of carpel tunnel. I'm also adjusting to a squattier screen, forcing me to scoll up and down a lot more. The new computer has a built-in remote-looking thing next to the keyboard so I can easily watch movies. As if I need more encouragement to procrastinate.

I think my computer and I will be good friends. I notice that I'm not deafened by fan noise nor am I forced to wear asbestos gloves to avoid burning my fingers. All improvements in my book. And the sound system is better, probably because it's not competing with a loud fan. By "fan," I mean a whirring sound, not someone standing next to my desk yelling, "Go computer! Woohoo!" That would be really annoying.

So, after a week that left me feeling disorganized and completely off my game, I feel my life coming back on track. My errant flash drive came home mid-week and things really started to improve. I've decided that I can't ever lose that flash drive again.

No comments: