Monday, November 12, 2007

Flotation devices

Last week, I traveled to Charm City for work. As the plane prepared for take-off, the safety video informed us that some of the seat cushions on the plane could be used as flotation devices. I wondered which ones. Would mine keep me afloat in case of a water landing, or would mine drag me to the bottom of the sea? Then I wondered if I couldn't use my seat cushion as a flotation device, what could I use it for? A hat? Lap desk? Very low step stool? Big heavy frisbee? Abstract art?

I remembered a comedian's comment that airplane passengers would be better served by seat cushions that turn into something that bounces, rather than something that floats. I thought about that, and decided that a seat cushion that turns into an inflatable pod would be great. Of course, you'd have to inflate the pod outside the plane, because if everyone inflated their pods inside the plane, you'd suffocate, which wouldn't be helpful. Something to think about.

No comments: