Saturday, April 19, 2008

Raining and Pouring

When it rains, it pours. In my life, this means that every electronic or mechanical object that I own is having problems. OK, I exaggerate. My computer is not having problems. And I don't want it to. I'm sorry, Computer. I didn't mean to imply that there was something wrong with you. Please don't be angry.

OK, back to what is problematic. My car makes a pinging sound when I turn it off. It sounds like it's cooling off. It started making this sound when I got it back from the body shop. Yes, that was nearly 2 months ago and yes, it's due for regularly scheduled maintenance. Past due. Every time I think of taking it in, I have flashbacks to "it will cost $1500 to replace the entire exhaust system." My thinking has been that since the car hasn't blown up, the pinging can't be all that bad. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. My new thinking is that I'll take the car to the mechanic on Monday.

Meanwhile, my dryer continues to bang. I'm thinking of remaking Ricky Martin's song: "It bangs, it bangs, ooh baby when it's full, it's full. It an annoying sound that makes me really crazy, why they can't fix it is a mystery." The dryer is still under warranty, but I'm not sure that I want to put up with "my friend" again. I'm considering calling Lowe's and inquiring about the process to get a new dryer. For example, how many times do I need to endure ineffectual repairs before they finally just accept that this is a lemon and bring me a new dryer? Personally, I'd like to cut to the chase and get a new dryer now.

And, finally, the TV continues to worsen. Now, it's fuzzy for up to an hour after I turn it on. It's fuzzy for so long that I forget that it's fuzzy - then when it clears up, I'm really surprised. It's like Amazing Grace, "I once was fuzzy, but now I'm clear. Was blind, but now I see." I've never been blind so I don't know for sure. FYI eyes - that wasn't a hint.

Oh, and my toilet flusher handle no longer pops back up on its own. I have to wait until the toilet has refilled, then manually lift the handle or the water just keeps running. Yes, I can call the leasing office and yes, they'd come fix it. At this point, it's one more thing that I don't want to deal with. It works, just not exactly like it's supposed to. Story of my life these days.

No comments: